My Shopping List
Frozen Grasshopper Pie
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ canola oil cooking spray
+ 1 1/4 c. finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies or chocolate graham cracker crumbs (310 mL)
+ 3 Tbsp. canola oil (45 mL)
+ 4 c. mint chip reduced-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt, softened+ (1 L)
+ 1/3 c. chocolate shavings (1 oz./30 g chocolate) (60 mL) (See NOTES)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 9-inch (22-cm) pie dish with canola oil cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and canola oil and mix until combined, then press mixture into prepared pie dish. Bake until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
3. In large bowl, place softened ice cream and mix well until uniform texture forms, similar to soft-serve ice cream. Fill cooled pie crust with ice cream, smoothing out top. Garnish with chocolate shavings, cover with plastic wrap and put back in freezer until solidly frozen, at least 4 hours.
4. When ready to serve, heat knife under hot water and use it to cut pie into slices.
*NOTES: An ice cream or frozen yogurt without green food coloring is recommended. To make chocolate shavings, use a vegetable peeler to peel strips from a thick block of chocolate. If the chocolate crumbles as you make the shavings, put it in the microwave at 10-second intervals to soften it slightly.
* Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger, RD and CanolaInfo.
Calories: 290; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Total Carbs: 36g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 5g; Sodium: 190mg;