My Shopping List
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 c. whole-wheat flour (250 mL)
+ 1 c. all-purpose flour (250 mL)
+ 3/4 c. fresh or frozen blueberries (175 mL)
+ 2 Tbsp. baking powder (30 mL)
+ 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (2 mL)
+ 1/8 tsp. salt (.5 mL)
+ 1/2 c. skim milk (125 mL)
+ 1/2 c. water (125 mL)
+ 1 Tbsp. canola oil (15 mL)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In bowl, combine flours, blueberries, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Stir in milk, water and canola oil and, using hands, moisten all ingredients, handling dough as little as possible.
4. Turn dough out of bowl and place on lightly floured surface.
5. Using hands, form disc about 1/2-inch (1-cm) thick and about 9-10 inches (22-25 cm) in diameter. If necessary, sprinkle with flour to keep dough from sticking. Cut into 8 wedges.
6. Place wedges on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bannock is golden brown.
* Recipe courtesy of Julie DesGroseilliers, Dt.P. and CanolaInfo.
Calories: 130; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 24g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 5g; Sodium: 340mg;