My Shopping List
Mini Beef Tacos with Citrus Salsa
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 16 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2-8 oz. Flat Iron beef steaks
+ 12 corn tortillas (6 to 7-in. diameter)
+ 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 1/3 c. chopped jicama
+ 1/3 c. chopped orange
+ 1 Tbsp. finely chopped jalapeno pepper
+ 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
+ 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
+ 1/2 tsp. grated orange peel
+ 1/2 c. mashed avocado
+ 1 Tbsp. low-fat dairy sour cream
+ 2 tsp. ground cumin
+ 1 tsp. grated orange peel
What to do:
1. Combine Citrus Salsa ingredients in small bowl; season with salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
2. Combine Avocado Cream ingredients in small bowl; season with salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
3. Combine Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10-14 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12-16 min.) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Transfer steaks to carving board.
4. Meanwhile, cut 1 "mini tortilla" from each tortilla with 4-in. diameter cookie cutter. Discard tortilla scraps or save for another use. Lightly brush both sides of mini tortillas with oil. Grill over medium heat 1-3 min. or until lightly crisp, turning once.
5. Carve steaks lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Top each mini tortilla with equal amounts of avocado cream, beef slices and salsa. Serve immediately.
* Note: Four-in. mini corn tortillas are occasionally available in Hispanic markets and some large supermarkets.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 153; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 24mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 9g; Sodium: 36mg;